Technical Product Lead
Working with the most valued banks in the US and Europe. Safened built a deposit platform to connect top-tier banks and/with cash-rich clients all over the world. For us to achieve more and faster growth we would love to add a Technical Product Lead to the team. Together with a great team of developers, Analysts and QA engineers you will be spearheading new feature development, improving our existing portals and modernize the architecture of a multibillion-dollar business that is highly scalable. At the same time, you work on translating the business requirements (usually coming from New York) into reliable solutions! Major impact, equal responsibility and reward guaranteed!
Your mission is to guide product development in the leanest and best way possible for it to contribute to our fast-changing business needs. With the need of ‘scaling fast’ but within a highly regulated environment means that you are on top of everything! You will be the leading and decisive factor in technical decisions, stakeholder management and product development.
Your role as Technical Product Lead
We are building and scaling for the future. Offering best in class financial solutions to high-end financial customers. And to meet business, company, and technological requirements we are looking for our first Technical Product Lead to make sure the scaling is done the right way! For that you will be actively working on 3 pillars: Product, Tech and Business & people.
- Define and enhance the product roadmap
- Make product decisions that impact further growth
- Realize deadlines that impact our business directly
- Create requirements, user stories and define definitions
- Read up and be on top of this high-end financial product and its working
- Take ownership and discuss with our CTO (Ralph).
- Guide our development teams in depth on the development cycles
- Make high impact technical decisions together with the team
- Build for scale and the future. When do we phase out something or push for new features?
- Be involved for the architecture on a technical level
- Have insights in our infrastructure and databases
- Bring personal leadership for our developers
Business & People
- Stakeholder management with clients and our internal business development team
- Understanding and translating business propositions into a product
- Overall interest in the financial market and its dynamics (trading, financial systems, PSPs, etc)
- Understanding financial products (API’s / development cycles /
- When allowed again travel to the US to engage with top tier banks
- Guide and coach the team on a personal and professional level (1-1’s, training, coaching, performance reviews and more).
- You have a proven track-record building product in a Product Owner/Manager/Lead role and might have engaged as a consultant, engineer, or similar role for at least 7 years
- You have experience working with financial entities and the stakeholders within these entities to define and specify product requirements
- You identify the right priorities and are structured and disciplined to keep the Safened product development on the right track
- You are a creative problem solver with a holistic mindset – as you are connecting the dots, structure them and detail-oriented in describing them
- You are the main go-to person as you become a subject-matter expert over time
- We need you to be a great communicator. Both written as well as spoken (English)
- We are a team. You are a team player
- You are a motivator. An action-oriented motivator to achieve our goals as team
Preferred experience is a combination of FinTech startup experience and banking and consulting
- You have good industry knowledge and are familiar with regulatory financial frameworks.
What we offer
At Safened, we care about attracting and retaining the best people. We work with the most modern technology and...
- You will receive a very good salary
- The chance to work in a multinational and rapidly growing scale-up that works with leading names in global finance
- 25 days of vacation to recharge your batteries
- A workplace in our beautiful new office right next to the beautiful Vondelpark in Amsterdam
- Daily catered, fresh and tasty lunch with your colleagues
- After work drinks in our very own bar on Fridays
- High degree of collaboration and autonomy
- Crucial role in a highly motivated, talented team
- Flat structures and open communication
- Ping pong / darts / table football, because it is fun... not because it is cool to mention :)
<<<for this role we will not relocate people outside of EU (not offering sponsorship) and we prefer a person that is in Amsterdam already (we are able to take over sponsorship already in place)>>>