Computer Vision Engineer
Join our Computer Vision and Machine learning team, where things move fast and where we build great technology with our talented team of engineers. We work with RNN (recurrent), CNN (convolutional), OCR, Python, C++, TensorFlow, OpenCV and many more technologies to create the best online onboarding experience from a technological perspective and for our clients and users.
Who are we?
We are Safened - a fast-growing fintech scale-up, motivated by a vision to turn financial risk and regulatory challenges into simple and secure solutions. Simple, because we reduce complexity and offer easy-to-integrate solutions to financial institutions and platform businesses. Secure, because we enable our partners to use the world's most stable asset classes while protecting them from fraud, risk and identity theft. That sounds like a mouthful, right? Don’t worry, we’re happy to explain it in more detail down the line. For now, just rest assured that we do cool stuff and it’s going well. And we operate globally, with offices in London, New York, Amsterdam, and Barcelona. To get a feel for the atmosphere here, you can check out this video:
Your mission at Safened:
- Build, improve and work on the OCR and template recognition in Identity Documents, using OCR and ML Technologies that work best for our solution
- Create prototypes and products using: Python, C++, Tesseract, OpenCV, Tensorflow, etc...
- Continuously optimize our technology based on millions of newly processed images
- Work together with the dedicated team of others to make the best experience and product we can think of
- Relate your skills to also communicate and work with our AI DevOps team, our KYC development team and our Mobile team
- To learn as a professional yourself as well... We like the continuous learning attitude and with Sebastian - the professor - on board you are in good hands!
- This role can be adjusted based on experience -
- MS in Computer Science, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Robotics or related field
- Experience with RNN (Recurrent neural network), OCR and CNN (Convolutional neural network)
- Required to have a track record and strong background in computer vision and ML
- Solid programming skills with Python and/or C/C++
- 1-5 years experience in machine learning, large scale data processing/analytics
- Deep understanding of deep learning algorithms and workflows, in particular working with large scale visual data
- Understanding of the algorithms used in this domain and must be up-to-date with the latest developments in computer vision and machine learning
- Experience creating new successful REST APIs and SDK's delivered in multiple languages
- Prototyping skills and ware of the challenges associated to the transition into a final product
- Expected to have strong analytical and problem solving skills with the capability of thinking out of the box and seeing around corners
- Understanding of applied mathematics and numerical optimization
What you get from us:
At Safened, we care about attracting and retaining excellent people. That's why we don't only offer a stack of the most modern technologies, but also...
The chance to work in a multinational and rapidly growing company that works with leading names in global finance
A competitive salary and pension in place
25 days of vacation to recharge your batteries
- Daily catered, fresh and tasty lunch with your colleagues
- A workplace in our beautiful new office right next to the beautiful Vondelpark in Amsterdam
- Afterwork drinks in our very own bar on Fridays
High degree of collaboration and autonomy
Crucial role in a highly motivated, talented team
Flat structures and open communication.